Tiktok Food Trends you Have to Try
Posted on 13 August 2020
Who else is officially addicted to TikTok? TikTok is the latest and greatest in the world of social media, allowing users to share short 15 second clips on a topic of choice, whether that’s singing, dancing or memes.
Luckily for the foodies among us, it turns out TikTok isn't just a platform for dancing, it's the place to go for the latest food trends and hacks. Let’s take a look at some of the best TikTok food trends you HAVE to try.
Dalgona coffee aka whipped coffee is the ideal Insta aesthetic for those who are caffeine obsessed.
Who needs Starbucks anymore when you can create this unreal drink at home in a few simple steps:
- Put a tablespoon of instant coffee into a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of hot water.
- Then whisk for about 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and frothy (you can do this by hand but we recommend using a hand mixer).
- Add ice and milk to your glass and then top with the whipped coffee and enjoy!
I can confirm it tastes as dreamy as it looks!
Whipped strawberry milk
If coffee isn’t really your thing, this pretty n pink drink is practically identical to whipped coffee. Just replace the instant coffee with strawberry Nesquik.
Here's how to make it:
- Put a tablespoon of strawberry Nesquik and 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream into a bowl.
- Whisk, whisk and whisk again!
- Add ice and milk to your glass and then top with the whipped strawberry mixture.
Bored of your daily Weetabix for breakfast? Why not try pancake cereal!
I’m yet to try this sweet treat for brekkie, but the #pancakecereal hashtag has over 800.8 million views on TikTok so it must be good, right?
For 3 servings, you will need:
- 145g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 240ml milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Follow this method:
- Combine the dry ingredients (plain flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg, milk and melted butter and whisk together.
- Add the two mixtures together and whisk.
- Once combined, pour the pancake mix into a piping bag or squeezy bottle.
- Heat up a non-stick pan on the hob.
- Squeeze out the pancake mixture into lots of mini circles on the pan.
- Cook for about 30 seconds and then turn the mini pancakes and cook the other side until golden.
- Repeat until you use up all the pancake mix.
- Once they’re cooked, put them into a bowl and cover with lots of maple syrup or toppings of your choice!
i’m telling u guys 10/10 recommend!! might even beat normal pancakes ##pancakecereal♬ Day in Paris by llusion - ash_the_dragon
Breakfast will never be the same!
3 ingredient crème brûlée
Now, this is defo an interesting one…
All you need is vanilla ice cream, eggs and sugar. Here’s how to make one serving:
- Melt 75g vanilla ice cream in the microwave.
- Add one egg yolk into the bowl of melted ice cream and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into a small ramekin.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Pour an inch of boiling water into an oven-safe baking dish and place the ramekin on the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let the crème brûlée cool to room temperature before covering it in cling film and refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
- Then add a tablespoon of sugar to a saucepan and stir until melted and caramelised.
- Quickly add the caramelised sugar to the top of the crème brûlée before it hardens.
We LOVE these TikTok food trends! Which one is your fave?
For more brill recipes, take a look at our easy recipes for quarantine cooking. And remember, if you really want a laugh, check out Gordon Ramsey’s reactions to some of the latest TikTok food trends!
Catch ya later!